Thursday, August 13, 2015

So Tack-y

D.I.Y. Fabric Cork Board 

As some of you may know I will move into my dorm in a of couple days. I've loved picking out things for my dorm to make it feel more like home, rather than the jail cell it really looks like. This process has gotten my creative juices flowing. My mom and I found an old cork board over the summer when looking through old storage. I thought it would be fun to dress it up with some patterned fabric to tie in with my color scheme (navy and white).  

1. What you need. 
  • navy and white striped fabric (Walmart)
  • fabric scissors (household item)
  • white thumb tacks (Walmart)
  • cork board (can be found at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target etc.) 
  • pom pom ribbon (Walmart)


2. Applying the fabric.
  • cut the fabric to fit the area of the board with an additional inch border
  • stretch fabric and pin into place 
    • pin approximately every three inches (or as needed) 
  • fold over diagonally so each corner can have a snug fit 

 3. Adding the Ribbon.

  • pin one end of the ribbon on the back of the board 
  • stretch across making and inch border 
  • secure ribbon on the other end on the back of the board
  • pin five times across the long end and four across the short end to ensure a tight seal  
























4. Enjoy!
  • perfect for placing over your desk
  • accessorize with pictures
  • write yourself reminders 

I hope this inspires y'all to get crafty. 

In Kate We Trust,
Jackie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment